Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Salsa part DUE

Read down to the next orange header if you are looking for my posts about Tuck. And/or the 'f words.


About the salsa....

All the recipe's I could find were very personalized. And sorta weird. And very, very hard to copy and paste...

Here's what I've added - please post comments:

Half a head o' cilantro - finely chopped - bout 1/4 cup.

Two tears off of the head of Italian Parsley - bout a two tbsp's - Italian Parsley has about a fifth of the 'taste' that regular parsley does.

Four tomatoes - not peeled. They need to be ripe enough that cutting them yields no real resistance, but young enough that they don't make a disturbing sound when you slice them. Okay, maybe a small utterance is pardonable, perhaps even (un) expected. Likewhat an upper crust lady might do during 'tea' after her favorite chef served her garlic without warning.

OK... from here on out... I dunno...

Most of the recipes call for an unholy amount of limejuice. First time out of the gate, I'm going to lather in a conservative amount - 2 tbsp

They also give out a shout to either no peppers or six peppers. I'm split it towards the 'afraid of adding' and just add one.

Also, she HATES onions... except when it's in her salsa. I'm going to add just "friendly" Texas Yellows at this point. And only a partial bit 'o one. These things are HUGE, so I'm going to slice off a sixth and dice it up.

Next up the recipe calls for two cloves of garlic. See above. I'm going to use 'minced garlic' from Costco - two tbsp - not so reactive. Lol sweetie. Also not so reactive in the mouth. Plus the minced garlic doesn't leak out your pores for the next five days.

Finally, the recipe I have been reading calls for 'salad oil'. Get more generic? I 'swigged' a costco botle of olive oil about one and a half times.

So... where does this leave us?
Prob with my wife hating the salsa a bit. But, it distracted me for quite awhile.

G'night friends
J

1 comment:

AB said...

Tag your it.

http://abarry90.blogspot.com/2008/05/het-koffiemoment.html

Here are the rules: Link to the person who tagged you. Post the rules on your blog. Write six random things about yourself. Tag six people at the end of your post linking to their blog. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.